Terms & Conditions
Please read them carefully.
- Course Overview: the course provides educational materials, including tutorial videos, quizzes and practical tasks to generate interest and inspire learners to continue learning about backcountry snowsports, off piste safety and avalanche awareness.
- Assumption of Risk: Participation in snow sports and off-piste activities, including but not limited to skiing and snowboarding, involves inherent risk & dangers that may lead to accident, injury or death. By agreeing to these terms & conditions and enrolling in the course, you acknowledge and assume all such risks associated with these activities. Alpine Tutorials Ltd. Shall not be held liable for any accidents, injuries, damages or losses incurred during or as a result of your participation in any snow sports or off-piste activities, whether or not you follow any guidance provided in the course.
- Eligibility: Participants must be at least 16 years of age to enroll in the Course. By registering for the Course, you affirm that you meet the minimum age requirement.
- Certification: Successful completion of the Course does not guarantee any formal certification or recognition. The Course aims to provide information and improve your understanding of backcountry snow sports and avalanche safety but is not a substitute for official certification programs.
- Intellectual Property: All Course materials, including tutorial videos, quizzes, and practical tasks, are the intellectual property of Alpine Tutorials Ltd. These materials are intended for your personal use only and may not be reproduced, distributed, or used for commercial purposes without the express written consent of Alpine Tutorials Ltd.
- Course Content Disclaimer: Alpine Tutorials Ltd. endeavors to present accurate and reliable information in the Course; however, it is important to note that no warranty or guarantee is provided regarding the factual correctness of all the information contained therein. The Course may include facts that could be subject to change or updates due to the dynamic nature of the subject matter. As new scientific data and developments emerge, Alpine Tutorials Ltd. reserves the right to modify, amend, or update the course content accordingly to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Participants are advised to exercise their own discretion and judgment when interpreting and utilizing the information presented in the Course. Alpine Tutorials Ltd. shall not be held liable for any reliance placed on the course content, nor for any inaccuracies, errors, or omissions within the materials.
- By enrolling in the Course, participants acknowledge their understanding of this Course Content Disclaimer and agree that Alpine Tutorials Ltd. shall not be held responsible for any consequences that may arise from the use or interpretation of the course content.
- Complementary nature of the online course: The course is designed to generate interest and provide users with information about certain concepts related to backcountry snow sports and avalanche safety. However, participants must understand and acknowledge that the Course is not intended to replace formal training courses or professional guiding in the mountains. Participants are strongly advised to exercise caution and undertake further steps to educate themselves adequately before venturing outside of patrolled pistes or ski runs. It is imperative to consider and utilize various sources of information, including but not limited to formal avalanche training courses in the mountains and the services of professional mountain guides. The online Course is solely intended to complement these other sources of learning and should not be relied upon as a substitute for comprehensive, formal education in mountain safety and backcountry navigation. By enrolling in the Course, participants affirm their understanding of its complementary nature and acknowledge that the Course does not qualify as a stand-alone education for safe backcountry exploration. The Company shall not be held liable for any consequences arising from the reliance on the Course as the sole source of knowledge for mountain activities. Participants are encouraged to seek additional, expert instruction and guidance to ensure their safety while engaging in snow sports and off-piste activities.
- Insurance Requirements: Alpine Tutorials Ltd. strongly advises participants to obtain comprehensive insurance coverage that includes adequate protection for personal accidents, injuries, death and liability arising from your participation in snow sports. Such insurance should also extend to cover potential injuries or damages to third parties caused by your actions.
- Modifications and Updates: Alpine Tutorials Ltd reserves the right to modify or update these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes will be effective immediately upon posting on the Course website. Your continued use of the Course after the posting of any modifications constitutes your acceptance of the revised Terms and Conditions.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction: These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom. Any disputes arising from or relating to the Course or these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United Kingdom.
By enrolling in the Course, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to these Terms and Conditions in their entirety.
If you have any questions or concerns about these Terms and Conditions or the Course, please contact us at [email protected]
Participant Liability Waiver
In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Online course in Off Piste Safety offered by Alpine Tutorials Ltd., I hereby affirm my understanding and acceptance of the following legally binding terms and conditions:
I am aware that participation in snow sports and off-piste activities, including but not limited to skiing and snowboarding, involves inherent risks and dangers. These risks may include, but are not limited to, the potential for accidents, injuries, avalanches, and even death. I understand that the Course aims to provide educational materials and enhance my awareness of backcountry snow sports and avalanche safety, but it cannot eliminate these risks.
- Release and Waiver of Liability:
I hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE Alpine Tutorials Ltd., its instructors, employees, agents, contractors, affiliates, and any other parties associated with the Company (collectively referred to as "Released Parties") from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, or causes of action arising out of my participation in the Course or any snow sports or off-piste activities.
I further agree to INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS the Released Parties from any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, expenses (including legal fees), or other costs that may arise as a result of my participation in the Course or any snow sports or off-piste activities, regardless of whether such claims are brought by me, my family members, or any other third party.
I have read and understood the Terms and Conditions, which include the assumption of risk, waiver of liability, and indemnification provisions. I acknowledge that I am voluntarily agreeing to this waiver and that it is a condition of my enrollment in the Course.
My participation in the Course is voluntary, and I acknowledge that I have not been coerced or pressured into participating against my will.
This Participant Liability Waiver shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom, without regard to its conflict of laws principles.
By enrolling in the Course, I confirm that I have read and understand this Participant Liability Waiver and that I am voluntarily agreeing to its terms and conditions. I agree that my participation in the Course is at my own risk, and I assume full responsibility for any consequences that may arise from my participation in snow sports or off-piste activities.
When you enroll in the Course, we will collect the following personal information:
Country of residence
We will use the collected information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with access to the Course and its educational materials.
- To communicate with you regarding updates, changes, or improvements to the Course.
- To send you relevant course-related information, newsletters, or promotional offers.
- To improve our Course and enhance your learning experience.
- To comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
We take appropriate measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction.
- Third-Party Service Providers:
We may engage third-party service providers to assist with the Course's operation and related services. These providers may have access to your personal information, but they are obligated to keep it confidential and only use it for the specific purposes for which they were engaged.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and to comply with legal obligations.
You have the right to access, rectify, or erase your personal information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights or have concerns about your data's processing, please contact us via [email protected]
- Cookies and Similar Technologies: